Tuesday, May 05, 2009
I have already discussed in my previous post regarding"How can you add your site to Google Search Index ? " Now if you have done this and your site has been included in the Google search index, now if you are willing to remove this site form Google index then here are few simple steps to do this.
You can instruct Google not to include content from your website or blog in Google Search index or to remove content of your site / blog that is currently in Google Search index.
- Remove your entire website or part of your website using a robots.txt file.
- Remove individual pages of your website using a robots meta tag.
- Remove cached copies of your pages using a robots meta tag.
- Remove snippets that appear below your page's title in our search results and describe the content of your page.
- Remove outdated pages by returning the proper server response.
- Remove images from Google Image Search using a robots.txt file.
- Remove blog entries from Google Blog Search.
- Remove transcoded versions of your pages (pages we've reformatted for mobile browsers).
If the content is currently in our index, we will remove it after the next time we crawl it. To expedite removal, use the URL removal request tool in Google Webmaster Tools.Reference : http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35301