Monday, April 27, 2009
How to add /change the color and look and feel of the scrollbar of the browser for your blog or website?
Hi friends, you must have seen colorful or customized scrollbar on many blogs and websites and if you are willing to apply it on your blog or website than please follow bellow instructions.
Changing scrollbar look and feel and color on blogger’s blog
To enable colorful scrollbar in the blogger’s blog you need to edit HTML template of the blog. If you do not know HTML, don’t worry and apply following easy steps and it will be done. (Note: This changes works best in Internet Explorer browser only, for other browser it may or may not work)
1. Login to blogger.com and go to Dashboard
2. Now go to Layout or Template of the blog for which you wanted to change the header image or add the new header image
3. Now you are at Layout -> Page Elements. Click on Edit HTML link to edit HTML template for the blog
4. Here the first thing you need to do is take a back of your HTML template. Hence you can restore it later if you wanted to undo changes (Click here to know how to backup and restore HTML template for blogger’s blog)
5. Now search for </head> in the HTML Template
6. Copy and paste following code before </head> tag in the HTML template code
7. Then “PREVIEW” button to check weather everything is alright.
8. If everything is alright then click on “SAVE” button to save the HTML template or click on “CLEAR EDITS” to undo changes if it doesn’t work well.
9. Finally if you are not happy with new look and feel or template then you can always restore the backed up HTML template at step 4 ( follow the instruction to restore the backed up template) J
Changing scrollbar look and feel and color for other blog or website
1. In the source code of your blog or website find </head>
2. Just before </head> copy and paste following code
3. And save your code and everything is done.
How to embed Adsense code within post (after post title and before post body) for the blogger blog ?
How to make comments for blogger's blog moderated and How to moderate comments ?