Friday, June 26, 2009
I received email from Google Pages stating that they going to move to Google Sites and when I check further Google Sites doesn't support files like XML, HTML, CSS, JS. Now, here the problem begins since I have hosted most of my Google and Orkut Apps on Google Pages. Similar issue with geocities.com which is also going to be closed soon, and their also I hosted some apps XML, CSS and JS files.
I can figure out the place where can I host my files but I can not find any way on iGoogle or Orkut to change the origianl URL of my App, Gadget and Widget to something new. But in last few days I found the way to migrate the old URL to new URL and here are some simple step by step gude for both iGoogle and Orkut sandbox.
For hosting XML file
You can use Google Gadget Editor to host all XML files of your gadget. [Click Here]
To host other files like images, CSS, JS please refer some free hosting site here
And then make relavant changes in your open social XML file
Migration for iGoogle Gadgets / Widgets
There are two methods that you can use to create a gadget alias:
- You can use the gadget alias request form here.
- Submit a request to email [email@example.com] (will take longer than option 1).
Some important things to remeber befor migrating Orkut Apps
Step for migratting Orkut Apps
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
Here’s Sony Zappin, a thumbkey like digital audio player. It comes with 2GB of internal memory, FM tuner and Sony’s Drag and Drop Technology that goes without software. This 26g weight player support MP3 and WMA files and gives you 18hrs of audio on a single charger.
Friday, June 19, 2009
Formatting and Arranging Blog Post Content, Comment, Label, Title, Reactions, Date and Time for blogger blog post
I had observed lot of questions regarding arrangement and formatting of Post Title, Content, Comment, Label, Reactions, Date and Time for the blogger blog post section. In some blog you can see the comment and lables above the post body and some you can see it bellow post body. You may want to enable / disable links to the post, Comments, Reactions, Posted By, Date and Time options for your each posts. And everyone is worried that how can they make similar look for their blog. I have helped many blogger on Blogger Help for the same thing. But now I thought of writing step by step guide for the same thing, so that it can be helpful to all of you. Please check the bellow step by step guide and apply required changes for your blog.
- First thing your need to do is login to www.blogger.com and not use draft.blogger.com or beta.blogger.com
- Now, from Dashboard click on the Layout for the blog for which you wantted to make the changes
- Now your are at Layout -> Page Elements section of your blog their your can find Blog Posts gadget / widget / element. As shown in the bellow image
- Click on the "Edit" link for the Blog Posts gadget / widget / element and your will find pop up to edit blog posts widget as follows:
- In the pop up you can specify following options
- Number of posts on main page: (That is number of posts displayed on your home page of your blog when you have more posts then "Older Posts" option will come at the bottom)
- Select the check box to display the date for the post and specify date format in the drop down next to it and deselect the check box it for not showing this
- Select the check box to show author name as posted by or not and if yes then you can also change the value of posted by to some thing like published by or any thing else and deselect the check box it for not showing this
- Select whether you want to display posted time for your blog post or not and specify some different text instead of at if you wish to change that also select the time format from the drop down next to it and deselect the check box it for not showing this
- You can select the following check box to display comment option for every post or not and also change the label for the comments by changing in text box and deselect the check box it for not showing this
- Select the check box as shown in bellow image to display Links to this post option and you can change the text to something else by modifying the value in text box and deselect the check box it for not showing this
- Select the check box as shown in bellow image to display Labels option and you can change the text to something else by modifying the value in text box for example your wanted to display it as Categories and deselect the check box it for not showing this and deselect the check box it for not showing this
- Select the check box as shown in bellow image to show quick editing link for each posts. Note: this links will be displayed to authors only and deselect the check box it for not showing this
- To enable reactions for every posts please select check box as shown in bellow image and you can change the text to something else instead of Reactions: by modifying value in text box. You can also modify / add reactions by clicking on Edit link and once changes click on Save link as shown in bellow images and deselect the check box it for not showing this
- To show Email icon link for every post please select the check box as shown in bellow image and deselect the check box it for not showing this
- To enable adsense ads between blog posts select the check box as shown in bellow image and deselect the check box it for not showing this. you can also specify how the ad looks like as shown in bellow image
- Now if you go to bottom part of the pop up you can find options to "Arrange Items" here you can change the locations where comment, Labels, Email, Link to post, posted by, reactions and time options are displayed for each posts.
- If you wanted to move comment and labels at the bottom then using mouse just drag and drop them to the bottom section as shwon in bellow images
- After all required change are done, you must click on "SAVE" button at the bottom to make this changes effective. Or your may choose to click on "CANCEL" button to undo all these changes
- Also after this at the Layout -> Page Elements clik on the "SAVE" button to make sure template gets saved and everything is done
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
- Network: GSM / GPRS / EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz), WCDMA / HSDPA (850/1900/2100 MHz)
- Display: touch-sensitive, 3 inch, 432 x 240 pixels, 16 million colors
- Camera: 8.1 MP, Autofocus, flash, tach-focus, the identification of persons geotegirovanie, capture smiles
- Memory: 55 MB
- Slot expansion: microSD (for the 8 GB card included)
- Bluetooth, A2DP
- FM-radio with RDS
- Talk time: up to 13 hours in the networks of GSM, up to 4,5 hours in WCDMA networks
- Standby time: up to 380 hours in the networks of GSM, up to 367 hours in WCDMA networks
- Hours in a videophone: up to 1 hour 40 minutes
- Working hours in music player: up to 31 hours
- Hours in a video player: up to 5 hours
- Dimensions: 104 x 50 x 15,5 mm
- Weight: 134 grams
Sunday, June 07, 2009
If you look at my blog every post of my blog has its individual pages and URL. To enable same for your blog please refer to following steps:
- Login to www.blogger.com and you are at blogger Dashboard
- Click on the "Settings" link for the blog for which you want to enable URL links for post pages
- Select "Basic" and scroll down to the page select "Yes" for "Show Title field"
- Click on "SAVE SETTINGS" button
- Then go to "Archiving"
- In this page select "Yes" for "Enable Post Pages?"
- Click on "SAVE SETTINGS" button
Saturday, June 06, 2009
I have seen many people complaining on Blogger Help Group regarding their blog is not being displayed in English or not in their default Language at the login of www.blogger.com and at Blogger Dashboard. That's because of you are in some different country or your internet connection ISP is located in some different country .
Since the page is in the different Language which is not understood by you, so you are not able to know what exactly you can do to change the Language of the login page or dashboard of blogger.com
Here, I will explain this in simple terms that how can you change the Language for blogger to your desired Language
- When you are at the Login page of the blogger, you can see the drop down at the top right side of the page. Select the desired Language this drop down and the page will displayed in the selected language
Note: In both of the above cases, since the page may be in the Language other then English, so there may not be a Label for Language in Englsih as shown above. But Label for Language may be in some other Language also which is not understandable by you. But the location for the drop down will be the same so select desired Language from the Drop Down as shown in the bellow image