Tuesday, March 17, 2009
On my blog you can see Email Subscription option for visitors. This is very useful for visitors who is willing to receive updates of my blog via email (This email address can be any email address not just Gmail)
To configure email subscription first make sure following things:
- You must have feedburner.com account if not click here
- You must have customized your blog's feed using feedburner feed if not click here
- You must have redirected blogger's feed URL to newly customized feed URL of the feed burner
- Log in to feedburner.com and from home page click on the feed name you wanted to customize.
- Click on "Publicize" tab
- Click on "Email Subscriptions" link and if you have not yet activated email subscription feature than click on "Activate" button
- After activation is done you can see the screen as bellow
- In this screen select "Blogger" in the drop down for "Use as a widget in" and click on "Go!" button
- It will redirect to blogger's "Add Page Element" Page
- On this page select the blog where you wanted to add email subscription option at "Select a blog" drop down list
- You can also specify the "Title" for this Gadget / Widget
- If you know HTML and you want to customize how the Email Subscription Gadget /Widget should look at you blog using HTML code than click on "Edit Content" link and and modify the HTML code as per you requirements, if you do not know HTML then must skip this step
- After this click on "Add Widget" button and Email Subscription Gadget / Widget gets added to your specified blog and you can see Layout of your blog as bellow
- You can drag your email subscription Gadget / Widget to any where you wanted to place on your blog using mouse.
- Finally you can click on "Save" button and every thing is done
- Now if you open your blog you can find email subscription Gadget / Widget on your blog.