Saturday, July 19, 2008
Using Google talk To Chat In Different Languages
You always communicate with your friends…in English. Right, English is omnipresent and you’ve never really cared about other languages. But what do you do if you encounter someone who doesn’t speak or understand English and he is French or Japanese or Chinese or Spanish ... and you need to chat with him on Gtalk? Can you do it ?
You bet you can ! So let’s say the other guy only speaks and understands French. You’ll need to add to Googlebots to your Gtalk account.
1. firstname.lastname@example.org - Googlebot which translates English to French
2. email@example.com - Googlebot which translates French to English
I’m sure now you know what you need to do. When your friend from France tells you something, copy paste it to firstname.lastname@example.org and get the translation in English. And then use the other bot ( email@example.com ) to get the French translation of your reply and then copy paste that to your friend.
It may not be very accurate but I’m sure the person on the other side would understand it, especially if you let him know that you are using a translation tool. Here are some more Googlebots for this purpose :-
- GERMAN to ENGLISH - firstname.lastname@example.org
- ARGENTINA to ENGLISH - email@example.com
- CHINESE to ENGLISH - firstname.lastname@example.org
- SPANISH to ENGLISH - email@example.com
- JAPANESE to ENGLISH - firstname.lastname@example.org
- ITALIAN to ENGLISH - email@example.com
- NETHERLANDS to ENGLISH - firstname.lastname@example.org
- RUSSIAN to ENGLISH - email@example.com
- KOREAN to ENGLISH - firstname.lastname@example.org
You could get ENGLISH to GERMAN by email@example.com and so on and so forth.