Saturday, July 19, 2008
Using Google talk To Chat In Different Languages
- GERMAN to ENGLISH - email@example.com
- ARGENTINA to ENGLISH - firstname.lastname@example.org
- CHINESE to ENGLISH - email@example.com
- SPANISH to ENGLISH - firstname.lastname@example.org
- JAPANESE to ENGLISH - email@example.com
- ITALIAN to ENGLISH - firstname.lastname@example.org
- NETHERLANDS to ENGLISH - email@example.com
- RUSSIAN to ENGLISH - firstname.lastname@example.org
- KOREAN to ENGLISH - email@example.com
Using this application you can Write your message and it will appear in here. Then you can use it on your 'myspace' page, your blog, website, or anywhere you wish.
Original Credit : CooL OrkuT
Orkut has finally launched the Friends MAP feature.Using this feature you can see the Location of all your friends in the MAP.
This feature uses google maps to let you see where all of are living around the whole world. Orkut friends map combines the power of google maps with orkut profiles. You need to follow these simple steps to use this cool feature in orkut
2. Now click on the friends map tab at the top of the page.
Please know that if we don’t have map data for a particular region or if your friend chose not to put their location in their orkut profile, you’ll see a message “(not on map)” below their profile name. You can also click on the “tiny little blue men” to see your friends’ locations. By clicking on one of these figures, a bubble will pop open to let you know which friend lives in that location.
When you are signed in to orkut account, you can use this cool feature directly by using this link. http://www.orkut.com/Map.aspx
A quick update: I was shocked to see iPhone ad by Vodafone on TOI yesterday. Now Vodafone has started bookings for iPhone. If you are a Vodafone subscriber, you can send an SMS as IPHONE to 56789 to book an iPhone! You can also book your iPhone online at Vodafone website. But there is no announcement of 3G service by Vodafone. Vodafone website also says “Currently compatible only with 2G networks. Only select features and services are currently available in India”. Vodafone has not yet made any announcement on price, plans & features. I also tried calling Vodafone customer care, but they know just as much as I know. So, we will have to wait until Vodafone makes any further announcement.
Another quick update: Airtel too joins Vodafone for Pre-registering iPhone in India. You can book yours online at http://www.airtel.in/iphone3g. Both Vodafone & Airtel are tight lipped about when they are going to launch & price. But it seems to be in near future.
I will be sending these kind of quick updates on SMS! you can subscribe by sending JOIN TECHB to 567678. SMS might cost you Rs.3 to Rs.5, but it’s only one time you have to send. You can also subscribe to this SMS updates online at http://www.smsgupshup.com/groups/TECHB
Please note that different browsers use different control key combinations for accesskeys. On Netscape Navigator and Mozilla Firefox, "alt + shift + s" should take you directly to your scrapbook (you don't need to press "enter"). Similarly, if you hold down "alt+shift," simply press "h" for home, "p" for profile, "b" for friends, "c" for communities, "l" for logout. Almost all Browsers support feature, so please consult your browser manual to find the right key combination for your browser.
» Hot keys (access keys)you can use while on orkut
Original Credits : www.orkutplus.org
- Now a very simple way has been found through which you can get your ORKUT scraps on your mobile phones via SMSs.
- No need of GPRS or WAP or internet connection on your mobile phones.
- No need of a hi-fi mobile phone.
- Just a simple cell phone needed which can receive SMSs. Thats it.
- No charges involved. It is totally FREE.
Follow the following simple steps & get your ORKUT scraps on your mobile for free like a simple SMS:
- Login to your orkut account and click on your profile itself. You will get your orkut id on the address bar. Like http://www.orkut.com/Profile.aspx?uid=2981465128168599186 in my case. So 2981465128168599186 is my unique Orkut id. Note urs.
- Now go to http://www.mytoday.com/ and register your mobile. This can only be done by sending sms REG to 9845398453. This will cost you 1 to 3 Rupees based on the operator.
- Now Mytoday will send you your password to your mobile.
- Login to http://www.mytoday.com/ using your mobile number as id and the password that you received as sms on your number............................
- Click on the 'Manage' link under the heading Feeds.
- Click on "SMS" and at the following page you will find an option to Add Feed with two form lines to fill. One is the 'Name' and the other is 'URL'
- Now put any xyz name of ur interest in the 'Name' field.
- Now in the URL insert this link http://www.orkutfeeds.com/feed.php?uid=2981465128168599186 (in my case). Everything is same but you will have to change the 2981465128168599186 with your unique Orkut id which you created and noted in step 1.
- You are done.
Monday, July 14, 2008
Now a days Orkut has become life for youth .It is the best way to find and mingle with friends.I have seen at many places Orkut is banned like in school,colleges,offices etc.Even i too have faced the same problem since it has been blocked in my office also.If the orkut will be blocked by Firewall through Keyword ,then it is very difficult to access it by proxy sites like Kproxy.There is different process by small change in IP and free surf.
There is another process by which you can change the existing text to hexacode can browse the banned site. This Process is not very successful if the site is blocked by firewall using keywords. I have tried it in my office where orkut is banned through Firewall, this process doesn't work here but it is useful for many places.....
1. Go through this link Text to Hexa
Note : Incase of any trouble, Do let me know.
This days lot of people visit youtube every day for their favorite video. What the video which you like most get deleted from the Youtube. Don't get panic, Here is the solution to view / watch / access your favorite deleted
Follow the following methods to revoked Deleted YouTube Videos
UndeleTube : UndeleTube is the site which allows you to view deleted or not invariables video again. All you need is to provide the ID of the videos....Like when you open any youtube videos it shows URL something like this "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYzabc" in the address bar of the browser.Copy the content after "watch?v="from URL which is "XYzabc" in this example URL ID of the video.
DelTube : This can also be used for viewing deleted youtube videos.
If you like this post leave you comments
Wednesday, July 09, 2008
Sunday, July 06, 2008
New iPhone Model Release Top New Features
CALL OF TECHNOLOGY
Almost a year after the original device helped spark a surge of interest in smartphones and positioned Apple as a leading player in the field, the firm unveiled a new, faster version.
Friday, July 04, 2008
Windows Based YouTube Video Downloader
Please go through following instruction for embedding comment box in the blogger post.
1. To turn on the embedded comment form, log in to Blogger Draft
2. Go to Settings > Comments for your blog. Just change it to “Embedded below post” save your settings.
Adding comment box below blogger post
1. Go to Layout>Edit HTML in your blog’s dashboard and check the “Expand widget templates” box. Then search for below code in yours templates :
2. Change the above code with below code .
or Copy Code From Here
3. Save your Templates and Done
Cheers !!! Just Comment me if you have any ???
How to create Orkut Application
Orkut Application Tutorial:-
Congratulation finally Orkut launch Orkut Apps for Indians. Now you can create your own Application on Orkut.
Before creating Orkut apps you need to understand in which platform it works.
Orkut Application works on xml and to know about xml click here.
Orkut apps work on a different style of xml and it uses its own google libraries.
If you want to make your own Orkut Application then follow the instructions:-
1. First of all you need to become member of http://sandbox.orkut.com/
2. For this you have to apply for developer from http://code.google.com/support/opensocialsignup/
3. It will take around 48 hours for confirmation.
4. After confirmation you can start making your Orkut Apps from http://sandbox.orkut.com/MyApps.aspx.
5. After reaching http://sandbox.orkut.com/MyApps.aspx you can see "add application" button. So enter your xml url here and you can see your Orkut Apps.
It will look like this.
6. After creating your apps submit your apps in Orkut Directory.
Tuesday, July 01, 2008
You can add some number of days to a date by simply using the =SUM function. Since Excel stores dates as
a number of days, no further work is required. For example, to add 5 days to
To add a number of months or years to a date, you first need to decompose the initial date into its year, month,
and day components, add in the desired offset, and then have Excel put the components back together.
For example, say you have a date in A1, to which you want to add 3 months and 4 days. You'd use the following formula:
=DATE(YEAR(A1) , MONTH(A1)+3, DAY(A1)+4)
Excel will automatically handle the situation which arises when you pass a number greater than 12 to the MONTH function, or a number greater than 31 to the DAY function.
For example, adding 6 months and 10 days to
=DATE(YEAR(A1) ,MONTH(A1) +6, DAY(A1)+10)
Generally, you cannot add two dates that are in serial format. For example, adding
Note, however, that adding a month to a date may give you a result that you do not expect. For example, suppose A1 contains the date
=DATE(YEAR(A1) , MONTH(A1)+1, DAY(A1))
you will get the date
=DATE(YEAR(A1) ,MONTH(A1) +1,MIN(DAY( A1),DAY(DATE( YEAR(A1), MONTH(A1) +2,0))))
For example, if A1 contains the date
|Let's say you have a bill due every 6 months. To calculate the next due date from the current date in cell A1 you would use this formula.
=DATE(YEAR(A1) ,MONTH(A1) +7,0
Calculate the number of days in a month
How can I calculate future dates in Excel?
|If you want to correctly display a time greater than 24 hours, you can use the 37:30:55 built-in format. If you want to use a custom format instead, you must enclose the hours parameter of the format in brackets, for example:
How to Calculate Elapsed Time
How to Convert a Date to Its Decimal Number Equivalent
How to Find the Number of Days Between Today and a Future Date
How to Find the Number of Days, Months, and Years Between Two Dates
How to Find the Number of Weekdays Between Two Dates
How to Increase Dates Incrementally
10 tricks for Microsoft Outlook
When entering the start and due dates for a new task, you don't have to type the entire date. If a date is in the current month, just enter the day and Outlook will enter the rest of the date for you. For instance, if the current month is March and you enter 14, Outlook assumes you mean March 14 of the current year and fills in that date.
When a date isn't in the current month, you can still save a few keystrokes by entering the month and day. Outlook will fill in the year as follows:
If the month and day haven't occurred in the current year, Outlook uses the current year.
If the month and day have passed, Outlook uses the next year.
2.Control how you print notes
If you use the Notes feature to jot down questions, ideas, or quick reminders, you might also want to print them occasionally. By default, Outlook prints each note on a separate page, which might or might not be what you want. You can force Outlook to fill each page, to save paper or to keep related notes together. Select the notes you want to print and then choose Print from the File menu. In the resulting Print dialog box, deselect the Start Each Item On A New Page check box in the Print Options and click OK.
If the option is disabled, you're using HTML format. You must switch to plain or text format to enable this option. To do so, choose Options from the Tools menu. Click on the Mail Format tab and choose Plain Text from the Compose In This Message Format option's drop-down list. Then, click Apply and OK. Repeat the print instructions, and you'll find the Start Each Item On A New Page option is enabled. After printing the notes, just retrace your steps to reset your format setting .
3.Print e-mail when it arrives
For a variety of reasons, some of us end up printing e-mail messages. If you print most of your messages, or all of your messages from a specific source, opening each message to print it manually interrupts your work. Setting a rule to print the desired incoming mail might be more efficient. To do so:
1. From the Tools menu, choose Rules And Alerts.
2. Click New Rule on the E-mail Rules tab.
3. Click Start From A Blank Rule at the top of the resulting Rules Wizard dialog box.
4. In the Step 1 box, highlight the Check Messages When They Arrive option (it should be the default) and then click Next.
5. In the Step 1 box, select the Where My Name Is In The To Box check box (or whatever option applies, if you don't want to print all you messages) and click Next.
6. In the Step 1 box, click the Print It option and click Next.
At this point, you can identify exceptions to the rule, but we won't do that here. Just click Next, and then Finish, Apply, and OK to return to Outlook.
After setting up the new print rule, Outlook will print every incoming message that meets your requirements. Now, the chances are that you won't want to print every message. So make good use of the conditions offered in steps 5 and 7 to limit the messages Outlook prints.
4.Store sent mail efficiently
When you reply to an e-mail, Outlook stores a copy of that message in the Sent folder. If you're like me, your Sent folder has thousands of messages. If you need to find a specific message later, you must sort through all those messages, and that takes time. Instead, store your replies with the original message. For instance, suppose you automatically route all your messages from your boss into a folder named, appropriately enough, MyBoss. If you want Outlook to store your replies in MyBoss with the original messages, do the following:
1. From the Tools menu, choose Options.
2. On the Preferences tab (which should be selected by default), click E-mail Options in the E-mail section.
3. Click Advanced E-mail Options at the bottom of the Message Handling section.
4. In the Save Messages section, select the In Folders Other Than The Inbox, Save Replies With The Original Message check box and then click OK three times to return to Outlook.
Outlook will apply this setting to all of your personal folders. Just remember that Outlook saves replies with the original message and not in the Sent folder only when the original message is in a folder other than the Inbox. Outlook continues to save all replies sent from messages in the Inbox in the Sent folder.
5.Create a Flags toolbar
Quick Flags help you categorize your messages, usually by some level of importance or by task. For instance, you might use a red flag to mark messages that need a quick response and a blue flag to mark messages on which you've acted and are waiting for a response.
The problem with Quick Flags is that there's no way to customize their descriptions. Outlook identifies them only by color. You can't change the name of Red Flag to Critical. Remembering what each color represents can become burdensome.
1. An easy way to remember what each flag represents is to create a custom toolbar that displays each flag with text that means something to you. Fortunately, the process is easy:
2. From the Tools menu, choose Customize.
3. On the Toolbars tab, click New and name the new toolbar appropriately (for instance, you might name it "Flags") and click OK.
4. In the Customize dialog box, click the Commands tab.
5. Select Actions from the Categories list box.
6. Next, drag the appropriate flag color buttons from the Commands list to the custom toolbar. (If you can't find the toolbar, look behind the dialog box.)
7. After adding all the flags you want, change the text for each flag button. Right-click a flag button and replace the Name setting, e.g., &Red Flag, with something more helpful, such as "Critical." Select the Image And Text option so that Outlook will display the button's name on the toolbar.
8. Complete steps 6 and 7 for each flag button in your new toolbar.
6.Modify the scope of your Calendar work week
By default, the Work Week calendar view displays the five days of the traditional business week, Monday through Friday. To include Saturday and Sunday in that view, choose Options from the Tools menu. In the resulting Options dialog box, click Calendar Options in the Calendar section. In the Calendar Options dialog box, check Sat and Sun in the Calendar Work Week section. Then, click OK twice to return to the Calendar.
You don't have to view a seven- or traditional five-day work week. Check the days of the week that apply to you for a custom work week view. For example, if you work Wednesday through Sunday, you can make those selections to build a view that reflects your schedule.
7.Use color to identify messages from specific senders
Expecting important mail? Identify it as soon as it comes in by displaying it in a distinctive color. Start by select an existing message from the sender in question, if you have one. If you don't, that's okay; you can enter the sender's name manually. Now follow these steps:
1. In Mail, choose Organize from the Tools menu.
2. In the Ways To Organize Mail pane, click the Colors link on the left side.
3. In the first condition statement (we won't use the second), choose From in the first drop-down list.
4. If you chose a message before starting, the sender's name will appear in the text box to the right. If it's the wrong name, enter the right name or the person's e-mail address.
5. Choose a color from the second drop-down list.
6. Click Apply Color and close the pane.
Afterward, Outlook will display all messages, existing and new, from the person you specified in step 4 in the color you selected in step 5.
8.Distinguish incoming mail from existing mail
By default, Outlook displays incoming mail as bold text until you read it. If you need a bit more help, consider displaying unread mail in a bright color. To do so, you'll work in a view, not a rule:
1. In Mail, choose Inbox.
2. Choose Arrange By from the View menu.
3. Select Current View and then Define View from the subsequent submenus.
4. In the Custom View Organizer dialog box, check the
5. Click Automatic Formatting.
6. In the Automatic Formatting dialog box, click Font.
7. In the Font dialog box, choose a color from the Color dropdown list, and click OK three times. Then, click Apply View.
Outlook will display all unread mail in the Inbox in the color you choose in step 7. Doing so won't display unread messages automatically routed to other folders. Since this is a view, it works only on the current folder. However, you can set up a similar view for any folder you like. In addition, the unread mail formatting takes precedent over colors used to identify mail from a specific sender.
9.Force replies to reach multiple recipients
A problem arises when you need recipients to reply to everyone receiving a message. The responding recipient must remember to click Reply All instead of Reply. If the recipient forgets to click Reply All, you're the only one who will see the reply, forcing you to forward it to everyone else, which is inefficient. Before you send the message, you can configure it to reply to everyone:
When composing the message, click the Options button on the Formatting toolbar.
1. Choose Options from the resulting drop-down list.
2. In the Message Options dialog box, check the Have Replies Sent To option in the Delivery Options section, which will automatically enter your e-mail address.
3. Next, click the Select Names button to the right and select all the appropriate recipients.
4. Click Close to return to your message.
5. When any recipient responds to the message, regardless of which reply choice they click, the reply will go to everyone you specified in the Have Replies Sent To option.
10.Create a temporary work week in the Calendar
The Work Week calendar view displays a week view, and you define what constitutes a work week (see Tip #6). If you need to see more or less than the usual work week, you can temporarily change that view. In the Date Navigation pane, click the first date you want to view. Then, hold down the [Shift] key and press the last date in the period. Outlook automatically adjusts the Calendar Work Week to include all of the dates in the selected time period. Alternately, you can view a group of noncontiguous dates by holding down [Ctrl] instead of [Shift] as you click dates. Outlook will display the days in order, regardless of how you select them.